Improving one's home is a never-ending cycle. That's why people are constantly on the lookout for faster ways to wash dishes or smarter ways to fit more into their kitchen — or quick way to clean the house or organize the clutter. So here are some tricks that makes your home easy breezy.
1. Drill a hole through the side of your trash can or plastic trash can liner to prevent the garbage bag vacuum effect.
2. Store sheets in their own pillowcase so your linen closet looks neat, and it's easy to grab everything you need when you want fresh sheets.
3. Hang an over-door shoe organizer in your bathroom to organize makeup, hair tools, lotions, toothpaste...the list goes on.
4. Start a "crap basket" system on the stairs if your family's always leaving random stuff around the house.
5. Put plastic wrap on fridge shelves, and when the shelves get dirty, just change the wrap.
6. Hang conversion and temperature "cheat sheets" on the inside of your cabinets, so you can easily get the info you need when you're in the middle of a recipe.
7. When you're threading a needle, use a little bit of (plain, no-color) lip balm to stiffen the thread.
8. Those little plastic ties from bread or rolls make it easy to label everything plugged into a power strip.
9. Attach upside-down Command Hooks to your trash can to keep the bag from slipping off or moving around.
10. Keep your chargers from falling off your desk or nightstand by stringing them through a binder clip.
11. Pick up — and even squish — nasty bugs with a sticky lint roller.
12. To remove food that's burned onto pans, simmer with a baking soda and water solution for 15 minutes, let cool, and then clean.
13. Or use dryer sheets, warm water, and dish soap to soak off the gunk.
14. Use a magic eraser to clean light-colored grout.
15. Get rid of white rings or marks on your wood furniture with the help of a white ring remover solution.
16. Scrub down your bathtub or shower insert with dish soap and a new broom.
17. To clean carpet strings, hair, and whatnot from the rolling bar under the vacuum, use a seam ripper.
18. Newspaper will clean your mirrors and windows without leaving any streaks or little fuzzies.
19. Make your glass shower door look shiny and new by scrubbing it down with Glass or ceramic cooktop cleaner.